Oxygen8 East Africa Limited is a subsidiary of Oxygen 8 Group, which was established in the year 2000 and a significant player in the Gaming sector including sports betting.
The accountant must have 3+ years experience in Finance related to the mobile industry and/or Gaming, a diploma and a CPA K.
If you are proactive, able to set challenging personal goals and remain motivated despite obstacles then apply for this job.
Accountant Career Opportunities in Kenya
Accountant – Oxygen8 East Africa
Oxygen8 East Africa Limited is a subsidiary of Oxygen 8 Group, which was established in the year 2000.
The Oxygen8 Group has a turnover of £90 million p.a. and has three divisions, namely:
- Corporate Solutions: enable a Corporate’s interaction with its customers via mobile phones using SMS, Voice and Online services
- Payment Solutions: enable mobile payment solutions, covering delivery, billing, applications and content
- Carrier Solutions: enable carriers to interact intelligently with consumers and provide high performance analytics
Oxygen8 East Africa is also a significant player in the Gaming sector including sports betting.
Accountant Job Description
- The Accountant’s main responsibility is to manage the financial activities and monitoring of all Gaming activities in Kenya, as well as the rest of the East African region.
- The Accountant will provide weekly, monthly and quarterly report to the management team as well as to the key clients and provide strategic guidance based on the company’s financials results.
- The Accountant will report to the Head of Finance.
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports on all Gaming activities
- Monitor and report on Gaming activities and provide relevant management information
- Analyse, interpret and record all financial data from the sale of instant lottery tickets; analyse and interpret the financial file interface for the online gaming system and adjusts data to the General Ledger.
- Summarise and enter weekly totals for online games electronic funds transfers (EFT’s) adjustments, lottery sales and pay-outs into our accounting system and reconciles online games accounts receivables.
- Prepare retailers’ accounts receivables and weekly accounting records.
- Ensure that gaming revenues and related taxes are properly reported and remitted by the gaming facility to the Betting Board
- Verify the accuracy of the Master Games Report on a daily basis.
- Ensure compliance with the gaming facility’s internal control system and the Minimum Internal Control
- Standards adopted by betting board (BCLB).
- Ensure the integrity of table games played at the gaming facilities
- Engage with Gaming clients to provide strategic guidance
- Work closely with Head of Finance and Business Intelligence to develop strategies and support the development of new business growth
- Drive quotation process with new prospects
- Interface with existing strategic customers to solidify mutual expectations of performance and growth
- Contribute to the overall business development strategy in conjunction with company directors
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development
- Establishing and maintaining key departmental performance indicators
- Perform any other task as determined by the Head of Finance
- To demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude towards customers and other team members, recognising the importance and benefits of effective team working
Skills for Accountant Jobs in Kenya
- Commitment to Oxygen8’s East Africa aims, objectives and principles
- 3+ years experience in Finance related to the mobile industry and/or Gaming
- Diploma: CPA K
- Proactive; able to set challenging personal goals and remain motivated despite obstacles
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Creative, flexible, able to use own initiative to solve problems
- Possesses a “can-do” infectious positive attitude
- Must have a strong integrity, be honest, accountable, reliable and assertive
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Must be able to effectively use office equipment, computers and scanner and other resources for completion of projects
Interested candidates should apply by emailing a CV and Cover Letter explaining their interest in the position and what they could bring to it to [email protected]. Please specify the job title in the email subject.
Only complete applications will be considered. Only successful applicants will be contacted.The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and should be available to start ASAP.