3. Yum Kenya Accountant Job
Yum Kenya is looking for a qualified Accountant, to work in Nairobi under the CEO. The compensation for this position is Kshs. 30,000 per month.
To qualify you must have very fast typing skills (you will be tested), excellent knowledge of Quickbooks, and Excel. (You will be tested)and a degree in accounting
Accountant Job Vacancies in Nairobi, Kenya
You will help engineer the website that powers East Africa’s premier online food delivery service from start-up to scale.
Job Title: Accountant
Job Location: Ngong Road, Nairobi
Compensation: 30,000/month gross
Accountant Job Description:
- Yum is Nairobi’s premier online food delivery service. We allow customers to go online at yum.co.ke and, in three simple steps, order food from their favorite restaurant in Nairobi.
- We work with restaurants to get their menus online and charge a service fee for delivering their food to a new customer base. Finally, we have a network of motorcycle drivers who pick-up the food from the restaurant and deliver to our customers.
- We are seeking a self-motivated accountant who is very skilled in Quickbooks. The accountant is the financial record-keeper for Yum. He/she is responsible for updating and maintaining financial records, analyzing financial information, and preparing reports as requested.
- He/she maintains records of assets, liabilities, profits and loss, and tax liabilities for Yum.
- Daily data entry into Quickbooks: petty cash, spoilage, daily expenses
- Daily reconciliation of Yum’s statements
- Oversight on the collection of all receipts, filing, and processing
- Monthly reconciliations in Quickbooks for: bank statements, mpesa statements, etc
- Creation of monthly invoices for corporate customers.
- Create excel spreadsheets to help staff record expenses.
- Ability to create invoices and receipts.
- Ensure compliance with KRA, NSSF, NHIF, and PAYE.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for Accountant Jobs in Kenya
- Very fast typing skills. (You will be tested.)
- Excellent knowledge of Quickbooks, and Excel. (You will be tested.)
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of hands-on accounting experience (preferably in a business with 10-20 people)
- University degree in accounting
- Extremely detail-oriented, and able to keep a record of minor expenses. The accounts need to be finished perfectly every month with no mistakes.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, team player able to help out elsewhere when needed.
To apply please send the following to [email protected]
- A thoughtful cover letter about why you would be good for this position
- Your updated CV
- A list of at least 2 previous direct supervisors – with their work email address and work phone number.
Any application submitted with out the information listed above will be declined.