10. Assistant Accountant
The Bible Society of Kenya is looking for an Assistant Accountant – Payables to provide financial and administrative services.
Candidates should have a degree in Accounting or Finance and a CPA II or equivalent with 3 years experience in a busy finance department.
All the best in your application.
The Bible Society of Kenya is a non-sectarian, non-denominational organization that serves all Christian Churches, Christian Church Organizations and Christian individuals by providing them with the Word of God. Our mandate is to share the Good News of Jesus Christ by Translating, Producing, Distributing and encouraging the use of Holy Scriptures.
To effectively serve our mandate and to ensure the consistent delivery of quality programs, we are looking for mature, dynamic and self-motivated individual to fill the following position:
Assistant Accountant – Payables
Reporting to the Accountant, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing financial and administrative services including processing and monitoring payments and expenditures in a timely and accurate manner and ensuring vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits.
Assistant Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of payment and journals of data into the accounting system i.e. receipts, payments and, journals.
- Processing payments and grants/donations for approval.
- Ensuring timely and accurate preparation of invoices, supplier’s debit notes, as well as filing them appropriately to ensure easy retrieval/reference.
- Leading the expenditure and payment function for the Society, ensuring that while paying all creditors within agreed terms, only for expenditure that is valid and authorised.
- Undertaking banking of all cash and cheques on a daily basis in approved BSK account.
- Preparing Payables and other relevant reports for management.
- Managing head office petty cash including reimbursements, daily reconciliations and processing the entries into the system
- Managing the cheque books to ensure security and reconciling cancelled cheques.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA II or equivalent.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a busy finance department.
- Must be a born again Christian with good standing with their church.
Competencies for Assistant Accountant Jobs in Kenya
- Considerable knowledge of financial management, credit evaluation techniques, loss control methods, due diligence processes and taxation law.
- Considerable knowledge of principles, methods and practices of governmental accounting and budgeting.
- Leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and prepare relevant reports for management.
- Ability to maintain professional status, high integrity and keep abreast of evolving trends in accounting and finance through continuing professional development.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook express including financial and statistical packages such as AX dynamics and access.
- Ability to multi task and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow-through tasks to completion.
- Ability to enforce organizational policies.
- Keen eye for details.
If your background, experience, competence match the qualifications, please send your application, a detailed C.V, your current remuneration, testimonials, and give full contact details of 3 referees to:
The General Secretary
Bible Society of Kenya
P.O. Box 72983 00200
E-mail: [email protected]
To be reached not later than 17th April 2015.