- Sir Charles Mugane Njonjo, born 1920, is the son of former colonial chief Josiah Njonjo.
- He received a degree in law from the Fort Hare University in South Africa. After Kenyan independence in 1963, Njonjo was appointed Attorney General.
- Charles Njonjo, the former Attorney General never intended to marry an African girl, let alone a woman from Kabete where he was born in 1920. Njonjo, a member of the Kenya Bachelor’s Club, later married Margaret Bryson in 1972 at the age of 52.
- His greatest political loss was the death of President Jomo Kenyatta.
- He was as a Member of Parliament of Kikuyu Constituency and was subsequently appointed as the Minister for Justice and Constitutional Affairs.
6. He has little faith in the current Kenyan constitution.
7. He married late because he couldn’t find a girl he could live with.
8. He is one of the wealthiest men in Kenya.
9. At 95, he swims daily.
10. He owns about 20 suits, all tailored in Britain.
He stopped reading, doesn’t watch TV, and is not interested in Facebook.