Here are the 2018 Term Dates For Schools in Kenya: Primary, High school and College Terms for Opening, Closing Dates and Fees structure.
The calendar details are contained in the same guidelines document spelling out fees payable in secondary schools starting January, indicating no fees have been levied on day secondary schools
2018 school and colleges calendar has been released as the Government also revealed details about the free secondary school education programme. All primary and secondary schools will open for the first term of the year on January 2, 2018.
Below is a memo on the official 2018 Primary school, High school and College Term Dates. Get to know in advance the opening and closing dates of your school.
2018 Term Dates for Schools and Colleges
2018 Pre-primary and primary schools terms dates
- Term 1: Opening dates (2nd January 2018), Closing Dates (6th April 2018) (14 weeks)
- Term 2: Opening dates (30th April 2018), Closing Dates (3rd August 2018) (14 weeks)
- Term 3: Opening dates (27th August 2018), Closing Dates (26th October 2018) (9 weeks)
- Examination Period: 29th October 2018-1st November 2018 (1 week)
2018 Secondary schools term dates
- Term 1: Opening dates (2nd January 2018), Half Term (24th February-4th March 2018) Closing Dates (6th April 2018) (14 weeks)
- Term 2: Opening dates (30th April 2018), Half Term (16th-24th June 2018), Closing Dates (3rd August 2018) (14 weeks)
- Term 3: Opening dates (27th August 2018), Closing Dates (26th October 2018) (10 weeks)
- Examination Period: 5th November 2018-30th November 2018 (1 week)
New term dates for schools in Kenya 2018
- The learning period will last 14 weeks and schools will close on April 6. A Ministry of Education circular released by Education Principal Secretary Belio Kipsang says the second term will start on April 30.
- This term will also last 14 weeks before ending on August 3. Half term for secondary schools has been scheduled for February 24 to March 4 for the first term and June 16 to 24 for the second term. The third term will begin on August 27 and run until October 26.
- The Kenya Certificate of Primary Education examinations have been planned to run between October 29 and November 1, 2018. And Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examinations, according to the schedule, will kick off on November 5 and run through to November 30.
- The circular dated October 19 also says teacher training colleges – both diploma and certificate training institutions – will open for similar periods as basic education institutions for the first and second term.
- The third term for these colleges will begin on August 27 and end on November 8, amounting to 10 weeks of study.
- The details are contained in the same guidelines document spelling out fees payable in secondary schools starting January. According to the guidelines, no fees have been levied on day secondary schools.
- Parents will not pay any money for children admitted to secondary schools but they will be required to settle all outstanding fees balances. The circular states that the Government will pay Ksh 22,244 per secondary school student in both day and boarding schools.
- This means each day school students will get an additional Ksh 9,374 on top of the Ksh 12,870 they receive presently. This adjustment effectively caters for all day secondary school fees. The maximum fees payable for boarding schools will be Ksh 53,000 after a Government subsidy per child, per year.
- National and extra-county schools in Nairobi, Mombasa, Nakuru, Kisumu, and Eldoret will be covered under this rate. Fees for other boarding schools have been set at Ksh 40,545.
2018 Term Dates For Schools in Kenya
- kenya school term dates 2018,
- term dates 2018 Kenya,
- new term dates for schools in Kenya 2018,
- ministry of education term dates 2018 Kenya,
- kenya secondary school fees structure 2018,
- no kcpe 2018,
- 2018 calendar Kenya pdf,
- 2018 public holidays in Kenya,