NEW ZEALAND COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIPS- 2016/2017
The Ministry of Education Science and Technology invites applicants for Two (2) New Zealand Scholarships. The scholarships empower individuals with the knowledge, skills and qualifications to contribute to economic, social and political development within selected developing countries.They are funded and managed by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT). Applications in 2016 for tenure from 2017 are now open.
Scholarships may be held at one of the eight universities in New Zealand:
- the University of Auckland
- Auckland University of Technology
- Waikato University
- Massey University
- Victoria University of Wellington
- Canterbury University
- Lincoln University
- Otago University
Scholarships are for postgraduate study at Masters or PhD level only.
Aspects of the scholarship programme and of the administration of the programme are described in the Information for Applicants document available at: http://www.universitiesnz.ac.nz/files/Information%20for%20Applicants%202016.pdf
Application forms are available at:http://www.universitiesnz.ac.nz/files/New%20Zealand%20Commonwealth%20Scholarship%20-%20Tertiary%20Application%20Form.pdf
Applicants must send their completed applications to the Nominating Agency in this case the Ministry of Education Science and Technology, Kenya.
- Are serving the country in the public sector.
- Completed two (2) years of continuous public service since their last degree studies.
- Graduated with a bachelor’s degree of at least upper second class honors level.
- For PhD, applicants must have a relevant Master’sDegree .
- Are below thirty five (35) years for masters and forty five (45) years for PhD.
Preliminary application forms are obtainable from the Ministry of Education, Scienceand Technology offices at Telposta Towers, 27th floor room 2702.The application forms can also be downloaded from the Ministry’s website: www.education.go.ke. Candidates should submit their application forms through their Heads of Departments.
Completed application forms with certified photocopies of ID, academic/professional certificates, transcripts, Birth Certificate, other testimonials and a proposal in the area of study (for PhD) attached should be sent to:
Director Higher Education,
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology,
- O. Box 9583 – 00200
Or delivered to: Telposta Towers, 27th floor, Room 2702
The preliminary application forms should reach the Ministry not later than 1stApril,2016.
- Preference for awards of these awards at postgraduate level will be given to teaching staff in our Public Universities and University Constituent Colleges. Teaching staff in these institutions are highly encouraged to apply.
- Priority will be accorded to students who have never studied in New Zealand before.