Diploma in Animation & Motion Graphics Course at African Digital Media Institute (ADMI) Kenya
The size of the global animation industry was about US$244 billion in 2015. The major animation markets include the United States, Canada, Japan, China, France, Britain, Korea and Germany.
Our Animation & Motion Graphics course is based on feedback from industry experts and covers essential skills and software, industry requirements and portfolio development. This course offers all you need to start your career as an animator, motion graphic designer or concept artist.
The Animation & Motion Graphics course revolves around current industry practices and is taught by a team of highly qualified and experienced professionals using software packages such as Autodesk Maya, Adobe After Effects, Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and Dreamweaver. You will gain hands-on experience in areas such as animation (2D and 3D) and motion graphic design, using industry-standard computer systems.
COURSE SCHEDULE: The course will course will run for 5 semesters.
CREDITS: 24 contact hours per unit and an average of 7 units per semester.
- Photocopy of your ID or Passport
- A copy of your KCSE Certificate or Results Slip
- 2 Passport Photos
- Bank Slip
- Fundamentals of Drawing
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Video Editing (Adobe Premiere)
- Introduction to Scriptwriting
- Introduction to Animation
- Career Launchpad
- Character Animation 1
- Introduction to Modelling
- Introduction to Materials
- Introduction to Lighting
- Introduction to Rendering
- Fundamentals of Motion Graphics
- Digital Illustration
- Career Launchpad
- Character Animation 2
- Pre Production Animatics
- Sound for Animation
- Advanced Motion Graphics
- Introduction to Character Modelling (Maya)
- Intermediate Texturing & Rendering
- Introduction to 2D Animation
- 3D Lighting
- Introduction to Mudbox
- Introduction to Character Rigging
- Compositing (After Effects)
- Advanced Texturing
- Advanced 2D Animation
- Character Animation 3
- Architecture Visualization (3D Max)
- Advanced 3D Lighting, Texturing & Rendering
- Character Animation 4
- Advanced Character Rigging
- Special Effects
- Professional Portfolios
- Career Launchpad
- Create 2D and 3D characters and environments that reflect the integration of graphic clarity, design
- Principles, performance principles and theoretical constructs
- Create an animated film incorporating a range of artistic styles and techniques
- Generate work that reflects initiative, creativity, adaptability and personal style
- Incorporate technology effectively in the development of animation projects.
- Integrate the concepts, principles and theories involved in the physics of animation in all aspects of drawing.
- Design layouts and backgrounds that incorporate principles of composition, perspective and color, with speed, accuracy and dexterity, using a variety of media
- Communicate ideas, emotion and intent effectively in visual, oral and written forms
- Create animation that incorporates the basic principles of constructive anatomy and drawing using economy of expression
Earn Credentials Recognized By Employers Worldwide
As an Animation & Motion Graphics student, you gain a competitive edge over your peers by earning Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certifications in:
- Visual Communications using Adobe Photoshop®
- Rich Media Communications using Adobe Animate®
- Video Communications using Adobe Premiere®Pro
- Graphic Design & Illustration using Adobe Illustrator®
ADMI instructors prepare students to successfully pass these exams through a project-based curriculum that leverages Adobe Education learning resources, practice tests, and real-world applications.
To learn more about the certification exam visit: