Download KMTC 2018 March Intake Advertisement
- KMTC self-sponsored fee structure
- www.kmtc.ac.ke parallel students
- KMTC shortlisted candidates March 2018
- KMTC recent news
- KMTC 2018 September intake
- www.kmtc.ac.ke selected candidates
- KMTC shortlisted candidates September 2018
- KMTC final list of selected students
KMTC ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION PROCEDURE
The wide range of our courses, from certificate to diploma to higher diploma, reflects the institution’s responsiveness to the needs of our nation. The rising number of admissions show the trust bestowed on us by the public and the aspirations of our valued clients, the students.
The courses have continuously grown — from a handful to more than 50 currently — to meet the changing needs of the country’s health care system. The introduction of new courses is in line with the College’s strategy to keep abreast with market changes and the needs of the global community.
The following are the requirements for all courses offered:-
Certificate courses take two years with the exception of nursing which takes two and a half years. A minimum aggregate of C- with a relevant combination of other subjects is a requirement.
KCSE mean grade of C (or equivalent) with a relevant combination of other subjects such as English, Kiswahili, Biology, Biological Sciences, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Physical Sciences.
3 years except Community Health Nursing which lasts 3 ½ years
Post Basic Diploma courses
Holders of basic diploma in relevant fields and at least a minimum of two years working experience.
Individuals and groups such as corporate bodies, companies and government ministries interested in any course or courses can make a written request for arrangements to be made.
Training Categories: We have fulltime and part-time trainees enrolled in various courses each year as in-service and Pre-service
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC. KMTC seeks to enroll and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrollment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavors, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
Duly completed application forms are filled by prospective candidates for admission into Courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category. The Regular category has subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for Campus while the parallel category has non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have an option for Campuses in more than Forty-one (41) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to submit a duly completed application form which can be obtained from the KMTC website, KMTC facebook and KMTC campuses across the country.
- Candidates are advised to attach legible Photostat copies of academic certificates; school leaving certificate and national identity card/birth certificate.
- Applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable fee of KShs.2, 000 OR US$50 for non-Kenyans in the form of Banker’s Cheque or National bank deposit slip. Application fee does not guarantee admission.
- Candidates should provide a reliable and permanent mailing address with postal codes for any future contact. Those near Nairobi may hand deliver the completed application forms to KMTC Headquarters’ offices.
Once the application process has been closed, the successful applicants will receive communication in due time.
Admission into the self-sponsored category, whose intake will be March every year, will commence after completion of government-sponsored intake in September. An advertisement will be placed in the local dailies in October.