Check Form One Students 2016 Admission Letters Online Print
You can now check and get Form One Students 2016 Admission Letters Online and Print from the Ministry of Education website
Parents will now know the schools their Form One children have been admitted to by logging into a website, Education Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang’i has said.
Launching this year’s Form One selection on Thursday, Dr Fred Matiangi said the ministry was piloting an online system of transmitting admission letters to candidates so as to expedite their access to admission information.
“We want to give ample time to parents and guardians to prepare for their children’s admission to secondary schools,” said Dr Matiang’i at the Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development in Nairobi.
Ministry of Education Website
After the online admission process takes off, students selected to national schools will download their admission letters from the ministry’s website, www.education.go.ke.
They will also access their admission letters through links on the websites of their respective secondary schools.
“I challenge all secondary schools to ensure they have functional websites to enhance public access to information,” said Matiang’i.
This year, however, the Ministry of Education will still send out admission letters in hard copy, a process that will run concurrently with the online access being piloted for some national schools.
“It is my expectation that in subsequent selections, transmittal of admission letters for all categories of schools will be purely online,” he added.
WIN FOR PRIVATE SCHOOLS
The 7,000 candidates who scored more than 400 marks in last year’s Kenya Certificate of Primary Education have been admitted to national schools.
This is a major win for private schools as a large batch of these candidates are from private primary schools.
The 105 national schools can accommodate 23,085, and the remaining 16,000 slots will be shared through merit, affirmative action and a quota system, Dr Matiang’i said.
During the launch, Dr Matiang’i said he would ensure that candidates who perform well are admitted to their secondary school of choice.
Extra-county schools will admit 63,990, county schools 123,435, sub-county schools will take up 481,318 and the private schools will admit 66,351.
“My ministry is alive to the fact that 18 per cent of the 2015 candidates may not be placed into secondary schools. We wish to inform the public that, in conjunction with county governments, we will develop alternative pathways, including youth polytechnics so as to provide more avenues for youth to further their education and training,” he said