KDF General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets 2022 Recruitment Advertised
Advertisement for the recruitment of General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets and Specialist Officers into the Kenya Defence Forces
We are pleased to announce recruitment of General Service & Specialist Officer Cadets. Application deadline 31 August.
Candidates wishing to join the Kenyan Defence Forces as GSO Cadets must apply through responding to advertisements placed in the mass media (print and electronic). The candidates must:
(1) Be Kenyan citizens
(2) Be aged between 18 and 26 years
(3) Not be less than 5 ft 3 in. (5’3”) high
(4) Weigh at least:
(a) Men – 54.55 Kg (120 lb)
(b) Women – 50 Kg (110 lb)
(5) Be medically fit
(6) Not have a criminal record
(7) Be in possession of a valid National Identity Card
(8) Hold a mean Grade B (Plain) certificate or higher standard of education. Preference to be given to graduates.
(9) Female candidates must NOT be pregnant.
The Army, Air Force and Navy will subject their candidates to their respective “Special to Services” selection interviews.
Any graduate candidate who opts to join the Defence Forces as a GSO will lose all the benefits accorded to a Specialist Officer and will have to fulfil all conditions laid down for a GSO.