Head of Finance Job Vaccancy at Kopo Kopo
Full-time: Nairobi, Kenya
Kopo Kopo aspires to change the way businesses access credit in emerging markets. We are partnering with wildly successful mobile money systems like M-PESA to build a lending platform that enables businesses to access credit and other value-added services through digital payment acceptance.
The Head of Finance will provide financial leadership and analytical rigor to the company’s operational areas. The individual will work to develop financial statements, operations, forecasts, budgeting models, and other data-driven analyses to support the Kopo Kopo business. The head of finance will report to the Chief Operating Officer while the Accountant and Procurement Analyst will report directly to them.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with management team to develop yearly revenue plans and budgets
- Develop and refine financial management systems, including:
- Documenting and enforcing financial policies and procedures
- Monitoring and maintaining budgetary controls: analyzing and communicating financial results compared with budgets/forecasts to identify areas for increased efficiency and cost reduction
- Improving efficiency of cash flow management, particularly managing merchants funds
- Collaborating closely with Product and Engineering teams to develop financial management systems appropriate to new products
- Accounting and financial reporting:
- Timely preparation of monthly and annual financial statements
- Drive refinement of book-keeping tools and processes
- Create and maintain a treasury management system including reconciliation of multiple financial accounts
- Manage the finance team, consisting of procurement/financial operations resources and external accounting resources
- Maintain positive relationships with financial partners and contacts, in particular, bankers, suppliers and other creditors
- Enhance and ensure compliance
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required, Master’s degree in Finance and/or MBA and/or Certifications (CPA) preferred
- 5+ years of broad-based, progressive financial analysis and planning experience
- Previous management experience
- Experience in the financial services industry, with particular preference for experience in payments or lending companies
- Ability to communicate complex financial concepts to partners with diverse backgrounds, including leadership, board of directors, investors, and other operational resources.
- Knowledge of Kenya, US and global accounting and taxation issues, including IFRS and GAAP principles
- Significant experience & familiarity with cash flow concepts such as DCF, IRR & NPV
- Ability to balance multiple projects & processes simultaneously while maintaining exceptional attention to detail
- Interest in technology start-ups and a flexibility to deal with a wide variety of challenges
How to apply
If interested, please email your CV and cover letter with subject line “Head of Finance” to [email protected].