Ministry of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives invites applications from suitably qualified individuals in the following fields
Ministry of Trade Industry & Cooperative Jobs in Kenya
1. Principal Cooperative Officer
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Salary Scale: Ksh. 48,190 p.mø – Ksh.65,290 p,mo
House Allowance: Kshø 31,334 porno
Commuter Allowance: Ksh. 8,000 p.mo
Leave Allowance (once a year): Ksh. 6,000 p.m.
Qualifications for the Principal Cooperative Officer Job
- Served for cumulative period of not less than ten (10) years, three (3) of which should have been at the grade of Senior Cooperative Officer, Job Group ‘L’ and above; or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following discipline:- Commerce, Business Administration, Agriculture, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Sociology, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Engineering, Co-operative management, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management, Management and Organizational Development, Finance or Agri-business; from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Diploma in any of the following disciplines:- Co-operative Management, Cooperative Auditing, Marketing,Internal Auditing or Finance from a recognized institution;
- Certified Public Secretaries (CPS) Kenya Part Il; or Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Kenya Part Il examination from a recognized institution;
- A Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four(4) weeks from a recognized institution; and Demonstrated merit and shown ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Responsibilities for the Principal Cooperative Officer Job
An officer at this level may be deployed as a subject matter specialist. Specific duties and responsibilities entail:-
- Promoting co-operative societies;
- Advising on co-operative investments;
- Analysing data for policy formulation;
- Developing and monitoring work plans for cooperative extension services;
- Overseeing cooperative activities in several co-operative societies;
- Evaluating co-operative activities and trends for promoting the co-operative movement; and
- Enforcing compliance with co-operative legislation.