Job Opportunities at Safaricom – 2 Positions
Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value added services and support for community projects. With over 20 Million subscribers and an estimated market share of 67%, the Company has the widest modern mobile network coverage in Kenya and prides in its experienced shareholders, attractive tariffs, a nationwide network of effective dealers, high caliber staff and management enabling it to maintain its position as the region’s mobile market leader.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Project Management Office – PMO Department within the CEO Division. In keeping with our current business needs,we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – PMO, the position holder will provide program leadership in the Pursuit and Delivery of Complex Information, Communications and Technology solutions for Safaricom programs & projects. This role will be responsible for kick off, execution,control and closure of programs and projects;
- To develop a formal and comprehensive program delivery plan by integrating and documenting project deliverables , acceptance criteria, processes, procedures, risks, and tasks to facilitate project executing, controlling, and closing processes;
- To ensure tool and metrics utilization to track and improve project performance – EPM, MS Project, Sharepoint, Project Initiation Documents (Statement of works,
- Governance Structure, Communication plan, Risk Management Plan;
- To manage program progress by ensuring that activities are executed as planned in order to achieve the project objectives;
- To enforce quality gates during the implementation of projects. This will involve stakeholder engagement, communication management and the use of the Enterprise
- Project Management (EPM) tool through the project life cycle until closure;
- To manage and escalate risks and issues appropriately through the project life cycle;
- To ensure timely CAPEX Utilization& Receipting for all projects within your domain;
- To ensure timely preparation and dissemination of project reports and updates, governance meeting presentations;
- To contribute to the project management knowledge base by sharing lessons learned, best practices, research,appropriately in order to improve the quality of project management services,build the capabilities of colleagues, and advance the profession;
- To facilitate cooperation within our teams and with stakeholders in order to realize shared goals by encouraging collaborative problem solving, open communication,and teamwork;
To provide leadership support for direct reports which will include but is not limited to interaction at all/senior levels and accountability/oversight/management;
To conduct performance appraisal,motivate and train staff in the section.
- Degree in ICT/Business Related field;
- Project management expertise: Certified in PMP or PRINCE;
- At least 4 years’ experience in managing IT projects.
Fixed Data Access Engineer
Department Description: Fixed Data Access Engineer
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Fixed Access Engineering the position holder will be responsible for the follow up on Enterprise requirements of Fixed Data and to give sound technical solutions.Ensures proper Planning, design and Implementation of Fixed Data projects in accordance to approved designs and to meet the required timelines.
Ensures all Data connections undergo proper acceptance and documentation processes. Owns the Fixed Data database and provides 2nd Level support for fixed Data Connections.
- Analysis of requests from EBU and offer proper and sound technicalsolution designs and plans for Enterprise connectivity and follow up with othertechnical teams for timely delivery of FD plans, designs and solutions.
- Generates and Implements innovative and cost effective solutions for FD connectivity. Is responsible for the delivery of Fixed Data infrastructure solutions and projects.
- Implementation of approved technical Fixed Data solutions. Contractorcoordination and management for effective and timely FD connection delivery andactualization of all FD solutions to meet the specified designs through toacceptance and documentation.
- Documentation and process management for all FD connections and authenticFD DB maintenance Provide technical leadership to the team of IntegrationEngineers.
- Improve customer deployment delivery processes to enhance simplicity andspeed.
- Liaise with other sections / departments in the delivery of services andprojects as well as maintain good working relations between the team and allstakeholders.
- Ensure smooth handover of completed projects (includes the as-builtdocumentation)to the relevant support team/s for services lifecycle management.
- Conduct and carry out new Fixed Data solutions trials and eventual adoption for successful solutions.
- Degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering or Degree in Telecommunications Engineering
- 3 years’ experience in Telecommunications network planning/roll out (Transmission systems planning & Design and telecoms systems installation supervision).
- Experience in coordinating projects and working and managing cross functional teams.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Enterprise Customer support experience will be an added advantage.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills.
- Team player.
- Results oriented.
- Solution Oriented.
How to apply
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.