Latest Jobs Vacancies at National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) Kenya
The Authority wishes to recruit results oriented Kenyan citizens with drive, vision, and creativity to fill various positions at its Headquarters based in Nairobi and other centers to ensure delivery of its mandate.
NITA Job vacancies 2018
1. Accountants – 3 positions
(Grade 8) HRA/DFLA/05/2017
- Day-to-day operation in the accounting unit;
- Dealing with all accounting procedures and routine matters effectively;
- Performing basic range of Management accounting
- Assisting in preparation of final accounts and statements;
- Collecting and compiling data for budgeting purposes;
- General supervision of accounts staff including their training and development.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, or Business Management specializing in Finance or Accounting or any other related field from a recognized institution;
- Have attained full accounting qualifications (CPA (final), ACCA) or equivalent qualification;
- Have at least three (3) years’ relevant work experience;
- Be proficient in Financial management based computer application skills;
- Have demonstrated a high degree of work ethics and competencies.
2. Senior ICT Officer
(Grade 10) – HRA/ICT/O1/2017
- Carrying out systems analysis, design and programme development in liaison with users;
- Developing, implementing and maintaining of systems;
- Ensuring adherence to established ICT standards;
- Supervising and compiling overall systems documentation;
- Advising on ICT related issues;
- Supervising, installation certification, repairs and maintenance of information communication technology equipment and associated peripherals;
- Developing and maintaining ICT standards;
- Recommending and supervising hardware/software specification for ICT equipment;
- Logging of problems;
- Drawing and scheduling preventive maintenance;
- Assisting in feasibility studies as assigned.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in the following field, computer science/ information communication technology or electronic/electrical engineering from a recognized institution.
- Have a professional certificate in system administration, software development, computer networking like CISCO, MCSE, MCE, MCSA or any other relevant qualification.
- Be familiar with network computer applications (WAN, LAN, E-mail infrastructure)
- Have served in a similar position for at least five (5) years
- Be a member of a relevant professional body
3. Corporate Communication Officer
(Grade 8) -HRA/CC/12/2017
- Implementing the public communication strategy for the Authority
- Creating awareness to the public through mass media on the Authority
- activities and programs;
- Implementing programs for promoting the Authority’s external image and
- promoting good public image;
- Editing and dispatching the information for dissemination to the public and
- the media;
- Liaising with media in a proactive manner to highlight the Authority’s roles in
- promotion of industrial training and other related issues;
- Gathering information on programmes and significant events and the impact on
- Organizing events under the guidance of the head of Corporate Communications.
- Have a Degree in Communication /Journalism/Public Relations/International
- Relations or its equivalent from a recognized Institution; OR A Degree in Social Sciences and a Post Graduate Diploma in Communication /Journalism/Public
- Relations/International Relations or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
- Have at least two (2) years relevant work experience,
- Have Advanced Computer Application skills;
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills and good interpersonal Skills.
4. Security Officer
(Grade 6) HRA/DHRA/08/2017
- Assisting in the formulation and implementation of security policies and
- Ensuring the security for NITA staff and assets;
- Monitoring of security conditions and conduct from both external and internal
- Identifying security risks and advising on appropriate risk mitigation strategies;
- Ensuring security compliance at All NITA premises;
- Ensuring screening of visitors to Authority`s premises;
- Preventing loss of Authority property through theft, fire, or pilferages;
- Coordinating security activities in areas of deployment;
- Liaising with other government security organs on security matters affecting
- the Authority
- Coordinating security drills in the Authority;
- Securing of evidence in the event of any occurrence;
- Have a diploma in Security Management or equivalent;
- Have at least served for five (5) years of professional experience in Security Management;
- Be in Possession of a current Certificate of Good Conduct;
- Have attended a supervisory skills course of not less than four (4) weeks:
- Have clean record of discharge from Kenya Disciplined Forces;
- Be computer literate
Method of Application
Interested persons are required to download and duly fill the JOB APPLICATION FORMfrom the NITA website. In addition, please attach copies of professional/academic certificates, testimonials, a copy of National Identity Card or passport with envelopes clearly marked the position being applied for and addressed to:
NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORITY
P.O. Box 74494- 00200
Applications must also be submitted by email to email@example.com to reach by Friday 19th January 2018 at 5.00p.m.