Kabarak University invites applications from interested and suitable qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions in the University. The University is a Christian institution committed to Christian Biblical principles and values and the successful candidate will be required to uphold this value system. Kindly visit our website www.kabarak.ac.ke for details.
TEACHING POSITIONS IN THE SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
In particular we are looking for Lecturers, Senior Lecturers in the following areas:
- Theology and Biblical Studies
- ii. Agriculture Education
- iii. Education Science ( Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
- Kiswahili v. CRE
- Mass Communication (Electronic Media).
- TEACHING POSITIONS IN THE SCHOOL OF MEDICINE & HEALTH SCIENCES
We are inviting applications for Lecturers in the following areas:
- Clinical Medicine
iii. Human Nutrition & Dietetics iv. Environmental Health
- Medical Physiology
1) Senior Lecturer – Ref. 28/10/16/1
For appointment into this position, applicants will be required to have a PhD degree or its
academic equivalent in the relevant field with at least three (3) years of teaching experience in the position of a lecturer at University level and continued research as evidenced by at least three (3) publications in refereed journals.
2) Lecturer – Ref. 28/10/16/2
For appointment into this position, applicants should:
- a) Hold a PhD Degree or its academic equivalent in the relevant field
- b) Hold a Masters Degree in the relevant field with at least three (3) years of University teaching as an Assistant Lecturer and continued research as evidenced by at least two (2) publications in refereed journals(s) in the relevant area.
(i) Procurement Officer-28/10/16/3
Applicant should meet the following requirements;
- Must have a Bachelors Degree from a recognized institution in purchasing and supplies, or any related discipline.
- Applicants with Masters Degree in Purchasing & Supplies or any related discipline will have an added advantage.
- Should have an experience of at least five years in purchasing and supplies gained from a large organization.
- Have effective leadership and negotiation skills.
- Have good interpersonal relations and be a person of high integrity.
- Should be conversant with computer knowledge and skills.
- Applicants with diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management will have an added advantage.
Reporting to Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration & Finance)
Successful candidates will be responsible for the following;
- Implement procurement policies and procedures
- Prepare bid specifications and other necessary documentations
- Solicit bids/quotations from vendors
- Prepares written purchase recommendations to the procurement committee
- Compares costs and evaluates the quality and suitability of supplies, materials and equipments.
- Evaluates supplies performance periodically.
- Maintains working relationship with vendors in matters relating substitution, equivalents, deliveries schedule and vendor problems.
- Keeps informed of new products, market conditions and current prices
- Assist in preparing auction of property and disposal of goods.
- Facilitate payment of suppliers
- Coordinates marking of fixed assets.
- Prepares and updates fixed asset register.
- Supervises staff in the procurement section.
- Any other duties assigned to you by the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration & Finance) or any other University authority.
(ii) Sports and Recreation Officer-28/10/16/4
- Must hold a Bachelors Degree or equivalent in physical education/leisure and recreational management or its equivalent from recognized University.
- Applicants with Masters Degree or equivalent in physical education/leisure and recreational management or its equivalent from recognized University will have an added advantage.
- Should have at least 3 years relevant work experience.
- Should be in possession of excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Should have ability to demonstrate positive interpersonal skills in dealing with students.
- Should have ability in sports and capability to enjoy indoor/outdoor activities.
- Should be conversant with computer knowledge and skills.
Reporting to Dean of Students
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Organize and plan for sporting & recreational activities on the semesterly and yearly basis.
- Deliver recreational services by initiating, organizing and co-coordinating activities such as sporting matches, cultural services etc.
- Prepare and or administer financial estimates and resource allocation.
- Perform teaching duties in related areas.
- Coordinate and arrange meetings and venues.
- Develop and administer sports and recreational policies
RENUMERATION AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Appointments to the above positions will be on permanent and pensionable for teaching positions following a satisfactory probation period of six (6) months. Appointments to the above administrative positions will be on three year contact. A competitive compensation package will be offered to successful candidates. In addition to teaching and academic management, successful candidates for the teaching positions would be expected to drive research, consultancy and outreach. They are also expected to provide inspired and innovatory subject leadership and mentorship to students.
Applicants should forward their applications including a soft copy and detailed Curriculum Vitae that should indicate their primary research interests, full personal details, publications and scholarly activities for
teaching and administrative positions accordingly. They should attach supporting certified copies of certificates and testimonials. Applicants should also indicate their current earning and salary expectations.
Applicants should provide day time telephone number and names and addresses of three referees who are knowledgeable about applicants’ competence, area of specialization, character and faith. The applicants should also request their referees to write immediately and directly to the undersigned. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned to be received not later than 4th November 2016.
COACHES FOR THE SEMESTER ACTIVITIES IN THE SECTION OF SPORTS & RECREATION.
- Rugby Coach
- Aerobics Coach
- Hockey Male/Female Coach
- Minimum secondary School certificate.
- Level one coaching certificate by a recognized body in the area of sport of interest.
- Demonstrate current technical proficiency.
- Three (3) or more years coaching experience in university setting or division 2 clubs.
- Demonstrate commitment in Christian faith.
- Demonstrate ability to work with University students.
- Knowledge and proficiency in first aid skills will be an added advantage.
- Must be available for at least three sessions in a week.
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned to be received not later than 4th November 2016.
The Registrar (Administration & Human resource) Kabarak University
Private Bag – 20157, KABARAK – KENYA Tel: 0726-515369/0729-223370/020-2114658
Email: recru[email protected]
kabarak university jobs 2016-2017, kabarak university job vacancies 2016-2017, kabarak university website, kabarak university jobs April 2017,
kabarak university fees structure, kabarak university degree courses, kabarak university admission form, kabarak university vacancies 2016,