Job Opportunities at Kamwenja Teachers College – 2 Positions
Kamwenja Teachers’ College was started in 1924 by Bishop Perlo Vicar Apostolic of Nyeri under the sponsorship of Consolata Missionary Society who managed it up to 1958. It is located in Nyeri Central District of Nyeri County 8 Kms North West of Nyeri Town. The original name was Nyeri Teachers’ Training College started in the Mathari Pastoral centre by Consolata Missionaries of Turin, Italy. It started as a men’s college and became co-educational in 1970 with the first 20 women students admitted. It acquired the new name in 1938 derived from a fig tree that belonged to a man called Mwenja hence the name Kamwenja.
Applicants must be holders of K.C.S.E. academic certificate mean grade C+ (plus) or above with the following attainments:-
- Typewriting 50 words per minute
- Shorthand 80 words per minute
- Business English II
- Office management III
- Office practice II
- Commerce II
- Applicants must have served as a secretary for at least 2 years in a reputable and busy organization
- Must be computer literate (i.e. able to type and produce documents on a computer and must be able to access, download or upload documents on the internet)
Job Group F
Salary starting point:- Kshs. 15,620 x 630 – 16,250 x 650 – 16,900 x 720 – 17,620 x 740 – 18,360 x 800 – 19,160 p.m
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the following vacant post
- A person must have attained C (plain) and above in K.C.S.E.
- Must have taken a full course Diploma in housekeeping from a recognized institution.
- Having worked in a big institution for at least one year in the same capacity will be an added advantage.
How to apply
Applicants should send CV to
The Chief Principal/Secretary,
Board of Governors, Kamwenja Teachers’ Training College,
P.O. Box 152
Nyeri – 10100
Applicants should apply in own handwriting enclosing the relevant photocopies of academic, professional certificates and testimonials.
- Must have a recent certificate of good conduct and include the fingerprints photocopy.
- Must have a clearance certificate from a recognized credit bureau.
- Must have an active K.R.A pin.
- Photocopy of National I.D.
These should reach the undersigned on or before 29/1/2018. Note that Kamwenja Teachers’ College is an equal opportunity employer.
More about Kamwenja teachers college
Kamwenja teachers college contacts
Kamwenja teachers training college application form
Kamwenja teachers college 2018 intake
Kamwenja TTC fees
Kagumo teachers training college Kenya
Othaya teachers college
Kamwenja teachers college location