KNCE Portal KCSE 2018 Registration and Confirmation
Strict control systems on the registration of KCSE exam centers, a reduced exam registration period, and new conditions for candidates who are repeating their exams are some of the new legislation affecting KCSE candidates. KNEC has issued detailed instructions for those who are registering for the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education examinations to be adhered to by all sub-county and county educational directors as well as school heads. Notably, any school with below 15 candidates is not eligible for KNEC registration as a KCSE examination center.
The KNEC portal is designed to be used by KCSE examination centers to register their candidates as well as checking for KNEC results for KCSE and KNEC results for colleges. These centers are obliged to access the KNEC examiners portal on www.knec-registration.ac.ke for registration and download of application forms for KCSE Registration. The application may be used for entering the details of the candidate with regards to KNEC regulations. It is then later on uploaded onto the KNEC Kenya database via the registration site. Examination centers will be issued with usernames and passwords so that they can upload the files since each center is only allowed to register/upload details of their students.
After logging in, the examination centers will also be able to edit the details of already registered candidates, view or download the school invoice, nominal roll, or photo register, and register more candidates. Candidates can also confirm whether or not they’ve been registered successfully by visiting the KNEC website (https://www.knec-portal.ac.ke/KCSE/REGISTRATION/Login.aspx). Note that this confirmation won’t require logging in using a username or password.
KNEC Online Registration for KCSE 2018
The headmaster of a particular school or any authorized persons may follow the four steps highlighted below for KNEC registration 2018:
- Go to the KNEC website (https://www.knec-portal.ac.ke/KCSE/REGISTRATION/Login.aspx)
- Download the candidates’ registration application form
- Enter the details of the candidates for the creation of the registration file
- Login to the website for:
- Uploading the registration file
- Entering a new candidate
- Editing the details of the school
- Editing the details of existing candidates
- Generating and printing of the nominal roll
- Generation and printing of the school invoice
Note that school principals should be aware that the application is only available for periods prior to the registration deadline.
Accessing the system for KCSE registration online
First, it is essential that you have the appropriate username and password. The username, in this case, will be the school code, which is an 8-digit number. Notably, the county code is used alongside the previous 6-digit code. To get the password, you can send a text to 22262 in the format KCSE#centrecode. You will then receive a message with an 8-digit number to be sued as the login password.
You will then enter your specific username and password then click Log in. After successfully logging in, you will be required, as a security precaution, to change the password and a form will appear. This form allows you to change the password. Note that this form will only appear if you’re accessing the portal for the first time.
How to change your password
- Key in the 8-digit number you received via SMS in the textbox labeled ‘Current Password’.
- Create the new password in the region labeled ‘New Password’.
- Confirm your new center’s password by re-typing it in the textbox labeled ‘New Password’. Do not copy paste.
- Click on ‘Change Password’ for you to effect the changes.
- To proceed to the upload of registration details, click ‘Continue’.
If you want to know how to check KCPE results online, then the following KNEC contacts will be helpful:
National Housing Corporation (NHC) House,
Aga Khan Walk,
Tel:+254 020 3317412/ 2213381/ 3317419 / 3341113 / 3341071 / 3317413 /3317427 / 3341098/ 3341027/ 3341050 /
Fax: +254-020- 2226032