Kenya Institute of Management (KIM) 2017 Exam Timetable
Please note the examination time table for December 2017 examinations will be updated later. Check back soon…
The core functions of the department include:
- Setting and moderation of exams
- Printing and Administration of exams
- Exam timetabling`
- Marking and declaration of results
- Organizing graduation ceremony
The exams department endeavors to uphold the following core values:
- High standards in the entire process of examining candidates
- Establishing and maintaining cordial working links with the other examining bodies
- Being responsive to students’ needs
- Strengthening professional linkages with tertiary institutions in Kenya and beyond
The department is guided by a dedicated qualified staff.
KIM exams lay emphasis on CAT, WBA, and end of semester exams
- Continuous Assessment tests (CATS) constitutes 15% of the final scores
- Work-Based Assignment (WBA) constitutes 15% of the final score.
- Each student must submit both WBA and CAT in each subject during the course of the semester.
- End of Semester exams carry 70% of the final score.
- Diploma students are expected to carry out a research project prior to graduation.
- Students are examined in the following courses
- Kim examinations are set and moderated by a panel of professionals and practitioners in their respective fields.
- Examination Timetables are released one month prior to exams
The grading system in each course subject shall be as follows:
|80 and above||A||Distinction|
Student Rules And Regulations Give Guidance On:
- Registration requirement
- Referrals/ Supplementary
- Special Papers
- Irregularities in the final examination
- Penalties for examinations irregularities
- Remarking procedures and De-registration as a student. (Details are contained in the Examination Rules and Regulations Student Handbook)
For Enquiries Please Contact
Luther Plaza, 2nd and 3rd Floor,
Uhuru Highway roundabout / Nyerere Road
P. O. Box 43706 – 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: 020 2445600