Mode of Learning
- The January intake starts on 7th January 2018.
- The February intake starts on 4th February 2018.
- The students are expected to attend four hours of training each day during weekdays for a period of four weeks. The four hours each day will include both theory and practical lessons.
- Part time and weekend classes also available.
- Students who register during this period will also qualify to be enrolled for free course in “Entrepreneurship”
Pc Hardware & Software Maintenance, Get connected & Intro to IoT, Intro to Cyber security
Minimum of a mean grade of D+ (plus) in the MOCKS with at least D (plain) in Mathematics and English for students who did not take computers studies in high school.
CCNA 1 , IoT Fundamentals 2.0
Minimum of a mean grade of C (plain) in the MOCKS with at least D (plain) in Mathematics or Physics and C- (minus) in computer studies for students who took computer studies in high school.
ALL applicants to any subsequent module should have successfully completed the previous module.
The Cyber Security certification lays the foundation for job rules such as network security specialist, network security administrator and network security support. Course duration is 8 weeks
One should have successfully completed CCNA 1-4
We have new programs namely;
Get connected & Introduction to Internet of Things, Introduction to Cyber security, Internet of Things Fundamentals 2.0.
Mode of Application
Application forms can be obtained from Kenyatta University, admissions Block Room No.012 or at the Regional Centers located in Nairobi, Kitui, Embu, Nyeri, Garrissa Mombasa, Kisumu, and Kakamega on payment of a non-refundable fee of Kshs.2, 000/-for East Africans and Kshs.4, 000/-for candidates from outside East Africa.
KU CISCO NETWORKING ACADEMY JANUARY 2018 INTAKE
|Get connected & Introduction to IoT||Introduction to Cyber security||IoT Fundamentals 2.0|
|· Understand the basics of computers and communications using electronic and social media.
· Manage files and documents on a
· Navigate the Internet and use search engines and web mail.
· Learn how digital transformation turns information into action, creating
unprecedented economic opportunity.
· Understand how the IoT brings together operational technology and information technology systems.
· Discover how business processes for evaluating and solving problems are being transformed.
· Learn the security concerns that must be considered when implementing IoT solutions.
· Connect to the global Cisco Networking academy
|· Learn what Cyber Security is and what it means for you personally and professionally.
· Learn how to be safe online by understanding the most common
threats, attacks and vulnerabilities.
· Find out how businesses protect their operations from cyber-attacks and why jobs are growing.
· Connect with the global Cisco
Networking Academy community.
· The Online and Social Media Dos
|· Understand the building blocks, the interconnections and the information flow of an IoT System.
· Use sensors and an Arduino microcontroller to read data from physical world and control actuators.
· Create programs in Python that provide IoT functionality to the Raspberry Pi single-board computer.
· Explore the use of Cloud and Fog
Technology in an IoT system.
· Investigate IoT systems that can solve global problems in manufacturing, healthcare, or energy systems.
· End-to-End case study on how to create an IoT Prototype.
(a) Application forms can be obtained from Kenyatta University, admissions Block Room No.012 or at the
Regional Centers located in Nairobi, Kitui, Embu, Nyeri, Garrissa Mombasa, Kisumu, and Kakamega on payment of a non-refundable fee of Kshs.2, 000/-for East Africans and Kshs.4, 000/-for candidates from outside East Africa. This money should be deposited into any one of the following accounts:
- Co-operative Bank of Kenya A/c: 011-296-246-1400
- Family Bank A/c:045000023316
- National Bank of Kenya A/c: 010-035-915-0801
- Equity Bank Ltd A/c: 0180290518859
(b) The application forms can also be downloaded from the Kenyatta University website www.ku.ac.ke Duly
completed forms should be returned to Admissions (SSP) section Room No. 12, OR at Cisco Networking
Academy office located at the AVU building next to the Post Modern Library, main campus on or before
3rd JANUARY 2018 FOR JANUARY INTAKE and 1st FEBRUARY 2018 FOR FEBRUARY INTAKE. Copies of KCSE certificates, two passport photos and registration fee receipt MUST be attached to the Application form.
For further information please contact:
- Jkuat Cisco intake,
- Cisco networking academy Kenya,
- Cisco networking academy Nairobi Kenya,
- Kenyatta university Cisco academy Nairobi Kenya,
- Cisco training Kenya,
- Cisco Kenya careers,
- Colleges offering Cisco in Kenya,
- CCNA salary in Kenya,