Qualifications for the Chief Technician Job
- Msc. Degree from a recognized University in any of the following areas of specialization.
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Medical Physiology
- Applied Chemistry
- Applied Biology
- BSc. Degree from a recognized University
- KCE Division II or KSCE mean Grade C+ (plus) and above.
- Have at least five (5) years relevant working experience in a busy Teaching,
- Research or a Pharmaceutical Laboratory in a senior position.
- Be computer literate
- Demonstrate leadership and administrative skills.
- Candidates with a B.Sc. Degree in the fields above or their equivalents may also be considered on condition that they have at least eight (8) years relevant work experience.
Responsibilities for the Chief Technician Job
- Supervise non-teaching staff in the department,
- Participate in research activities in collaboration with teaching staff,
- Organize and supervise practicals for both undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Carry out maintenance of the departmental equipment and facilities