Ministry Of Education Scholarships From Malaysia On Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP)
The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) has announced scholarships for Post-Graduate Studies both in Master’s and Doctoral levels for 2018/2019 academic year. The scholarships are tenable in Malaysian Universities. The duration of the award is 36 months for PhD and between 12 to 24 months for Masters programme.
- Not more than 45 years of age during application
- Obtained a minimum of second class upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good results at Master’s Degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
- Applicants must have taken one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required are as follows:
- IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
- TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or interned-based test with a score of at least 92.
- Applicants must be in excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional.
- Written a proposal that is relevant to the field of studies
- Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional offer letter will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the universities in Malaysia)
VALUE OF THE SCHOLARSHIPS
Each scholarship consists of:-
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia
- An approved tuition fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Annual grant for books and internal travel
- Medical/Health Insurance
- Installation and termination grant
- Thesis allowance
PRIORITY STUDY AREAS
- Science and Engineering
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Bio-security and Food safety
- Infrastructure and Utility
- Environmental Studies
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmancy
HOW TO APPLY
Download the scholarship application form available at www.scholarshipsads.wm/malaysiascholarships and fill in all the required details.
Attach printed application form together with the following documents:
- Recent passport-sized photo.
- Completed Medical Report
- A certified copy of current passport showing evidence of citizenship
- A certified copy of academic transcript, testimonials and/or references relating to the relevant study, co-curriculum activities, achievements.
- A certified copy of English Language proficiency certificate (Test of English as a Foreign Language/TOEFL or International English Language Testing Service/IELTS).
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Admission letter from Malaysian Universities
- Two letters of recommendation from two (2) referees
- Endorsement Form
Scan all documents stated above in PDF format and email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to email@example.com
For further enquiries, please contact:
International Cooperation and Development Division
Department of Multilateral Affairs
Ministry of Foreign Affairs Malaysia
Wisma Putra, No. 1
Jalan Wisma Putra
Ministry of Higher Education Laysia
Level 2, No 2, Towe 2
Jalan P5/6, precint 5