V/No. 149/2016: Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.24,662 – Ksh.29,918 p.m. – (Job Group ‘J’)
Ministry: Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government
Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Social Work, Sociology, Criminology, Guidance and Counselling, Social Psychology or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Interviewing accused persons for bail reports;
- Conducting and presenting social inquiry reports on probation and community service offenders as required by the Courts;
- Making pre-trial and post-trial social enquiry reports for the Courts on referred offenders;
- Conducting and submitting social enquiry reports to Correctional Institutions and Discharge Boards; and
- Keeping updated records of the offenders under supervision
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications online through the Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or job portal www.psckjobs.go.ke by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form.
ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES,THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 23rd November, 2016