How to Register for KRA PIN Using iTax Portal
The Kenya Revenue Authority – KRA iTax Portal is the preferred method for citizens to apply for and obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN). The KRA PIN issued by the Domestic Tax Department identifies an individual/company for purposes of transacting business with Kenya Revenue Authority, other government agencies and service providers. The individual must have a valid National Identity Card (ID) for individual taxpayer registration and Certificate of Incorporation for non-individual (company) taxpayer registration in order to use the online application.
Need help in Registering KRA PIN? WhatsApp here>>
Steps to Register for KRA PIN Using iTax Portal
- Access the KRA iTax Portal – e-Registration Function: Visit https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/, click New PIN Registration select Taxpayer Type option from the drop down i.e Individual – Personal, Student, Employee, Entrepreneurs and Non-Individual – Company, Trust, Club. Select Mode of Registration option; Online Form, click Next
- A_Basic_Information: Fill in the applicant’s details such as National ID Number/Business Registration Certificate Number, Physical Address, Postal Address, Contact Details, Bank Account Details
- B_Obligation_Details: Check in the box for the tax option applicable i.e. Income Tax, Value Added Tax and Enter the registration date for the first time you applied for each applicable taxation option.
- C_Source_Income_Details (Individual Taxpayer option): Select the sources of income applicable i.e. Employment Income, Business Income, Rental Income
- D_Director_Associates (Non-Individual Taxpayer option): Fill in Company’s Directors details as registered on Individual Taypaxer iTax Account such as PIN, Physical Address, Postal Address
- E_Agent_Details: Enter details of authorized Tax Agents who can submit information to the Kenya Revenue Authority on your behalf.
- Download & Print: When you successfully submit your information, iTax Portal will display, “Registration Application has been Submitted Successfully” Your new PIN will be displayed on the screen and you will also be to see a link labeled “Click here to download PIN certificate” that will allow you to download your new KRA PIN and print.
Kenya Revenue Authority iTax Portal Customer Care
This How to Register for KRA PIN Using iTax Portal post was last updated on 12th June 2015. Source: KRA iTax Portal