Retail Manager job at Airtel Africa
Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 3 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, fixed line services, high-speed DSL broadband, IPTV, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers. In the rest of the geographies, it offers 2G, 3G, 4G wireless services and mobile commerce.
Retail Manager job
The role is within the Customer Service Division and reports to the Director of Customer Service. Based in Nairobi, there will be frequent travel to other counties.
- Business Planning – Continually monitors Airtel shops & Airtel franchise managed shops, sales recruitment process to ensure that targets are met and drives the distribution of branding and promotional materials to the shops
- Retail Operations – Implementation & Control of retail operations; grow the Airtel market share/presence within the channel
- Customer Experience – Ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction on any request, query, and complaint of walk-ins.
- Management, co-ordination and Support of Airtel Shops – Recruits Airtel shops & Franchise shops and negotiates stocking agreements.
- Performance Management – Work with the regional retail managers and teams to monitor and drive retail KPIs and drive shops teams to achieve the key deliverables through
- Airtel shops and Airtel partner managed shops
- Manage Retail budget, projects, people and process to achieve set targets – drive optimization to ensure ROI
- Develop initiatives – ensure staff engagement and motivation levels are maintained to enhance staff growth and performance
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related function
- 7-10 years’ work experience in retail sales within FMCG or telecom industry
- At least 2 years in Airtel Shops & Franchise Shops and good knowledge of channels is preferred
- Able to handle, prioritize, multiple projects simultaneously and
- IT literacy
- Hands-on approach able to operate in a performance driven organization
Competencies and behaviour
- Ability to work under high stress with short-term targets and objectives
- Business awareness
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning skills
- High personal standards and goal oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply for the role by sending an application letter and resume to [email protected]
The deadline for applications is 5.00pm on Wednesday 31st January 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted