Vodacom, the only Super Network in Tanzania brings you closer to your family and friends across the World through M-Pesa. With M-Pesa, you can easily send and receive money from over 200 countries through our wide range of partners. In Partnership with Safaricom, You can send and receive money from Kenya as well as withdraw money from your Safaricom M-Pesa wallet while travelling in Tanzania. Through our partner MTN you can send money directly to MTN customers in Uganda from your M-Pesa wallet. Our partnership with MoneyGram, Juba express and WorldRemit enables you to receive money from over 200 countries across the World directly into your M-Pesa wallet without charges, you can receive from Europe, USA, Middle East, Africa and more.
What are the Benefits of this service?
- It’s Convenient: You don’t need to walk to a bank, bus stations or to an agent to send money to Kenya. Send money at your convenience by using your mobile phone at any place and time.
- It’s Affordable: It has cheaper rates compared to other channels of sending money.
- It’s safe: Funds are sent directly into the recipient’s Safaricom M-Pesa account.
- It’s secure: M-Pesa is a more secure way of sending money compared to other traditional ways like buses or cargo trucks.
- Its fast: The recipient in Kenya receives his/her funds instantly and in Kenyan shillings.
- It’s seamless: There is no need for a recipient in Kenya to go to a currency exchange office since funds are received in Kenyan shillings.
What are the Fees associated with this service?
- The fees for sending money to other countries are similar to those of sending money locally, thus making M-Pesa the most affordable channel of sending money internationally. Also, receiving money from any country through our partners to your M-Pesa wallet is completely free of charge.
Vodacom Tanzania Customer
- 1. Dial *150*00# or use the M-Pesa app and select Send Money
- 2. Select to M-Pesa Kenya
- 3. Select send money (Check currency conversion before sending)
- 4. Please enter destination number (start with 254…)
- 5. Enter amount in Tanzanian shillings
- 6. Enter your M-Pesa PIN and confirm transaction
Safaricom Kenya Customer
- 1. Go to Safaricom M-Pesa menu
- 2. Select “Lipa na M-Pesa” “Pay with M-Pesa”
- 3. Select Pay bill and enter Pay bill no 255255
- 4. Enter recipient’s Vodacom number in the format 2557XXXXX
- 5. Enter amount in Kenyan shillings
- 6. Enter your M-Pesa PIN to complete transaction