Jobs & Career Opportunities at Unilever Kenya
On any given day, two billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life. With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways. Our portfolio ranges from nutritionally balanced foods to indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps, luxurious shampoos and everyday household care products. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo, alongside trusted local names such as Blue Band, Pureit, and Suave. For us, sustainability is integral to how we do business. With 7 billion people on our planet, the earth’s resources can be strained. This means sustainable growth is the only acceptable model of growth for our business. The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan sets out to decouple our growth from our environmental impact, while at the same time increasing our positive social impact.
1. Capex Accountant -Factory Budgets
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
To timely, accurately record and capitalize assets as they are placed in service, and record transfers and dispositions of assets in the fixed assets modules & communicate with departmental personnel involved in these processes from acquisition to disposal.
- Create and monitor a system of controls (GFCF), policies and procedures for the recordation of fixed assets.
- Participate in month-end closing activities and working closely with the rest of the finance team.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system and ensure such are tagged within the policy period.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with capitalization policies and procedures
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets
- Ensure monthly timely reports submitted via reporting tool or as required – Marlin tool
- Represent the company during any audits that involve fixed assets
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance desired but not a must.
- A holder of Professional qualification vis CPA, C.I.M.A or any other from a recognized body.
- At least 2-3 Years’ Experience in FMCG as Fixed Asset accountant or similar role desirable.
- Experience working with MRP and/or ERP systems (SAP)
- Progressive Financial Analysis experience preferred
2. Tax Assistant job
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
To ascertain recoverability of withholding taxes posted in the ledgers and ensure that all withholding taxes deducted from suppliers but not paid to the revenue authorities are paid and the relevant accounts are fully reconciled. As well as facilitate accurate product costing and claiming of all VAT in Uganda by ensuring that all import taxes are accurately posted.
- Clean up and reconciliation of withholding tax claimable ledgers in Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania.
- Computation and ensuring payment of any outstanding withholding tax payable; reconciliation of withholding tax payable accounts in Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania.
- Ensuring posting of import transactions and reconciliation of Uganda pre-paid tax account.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance desired
- A holder of Professional qualification in Tax or any other from a recognized body.
- At least 1-3 Years’ Experience in taxation or similar role desirable.
How to apply
Use the links below to apply on the company website.
More about Unilever Kenya Jobs & Vacancies
- Unilever Kenya casual jobs 2018
- Unilever Kenya graduate recruitment 2018
- www.unilever-esa.com and fill the online application
- Unilever tea Kericho job vacancies
- unilever Kenya website
- Nestle Kenya vacancies 2018
- Unilever Kenya internship
- Unilever tea Kericho job vacancies 2018