EastAfrican Community Job Opportunities and Vacancies 2017
The East African Community (EAC) is a regional intergovernmental organisation of 6 Partner States: the Republics of Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, the United Republic of Tanzania, and the Republic of Uganda, with its headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania
1. Trade Officer
Grade : P1
Organ : Secretariat
Directorate : Trade
Reports to : SENIOR TRADE OFFICER (INTERNAL TRADE)
Main Purpose of Job
To compile, analyse and disseminate EAC trade data through preparation of EAC Annual Trade reports plus uploading and managing trade data in the EAC Trade Help Desk.
Responsibilities for the Trade Officer Job
- Compile, analyze and disseminate EAC Trade data through coordination of the preparation of EAC Annual Trade and Investment Reports to feed into the Trade Help Desk;
- Analyze trade flows within the region and suggest ways of improving trade;
- Manage the EAC Trade Help Desk/Trade Portal and upload trade data into the system for use by Policy Makers and Researchers;
- Train Partner States’ officials on the use of EAC Trade Help Desk and uploading of data;
- Assist in preparation of the Departmental and Directorate annual budget;
- Facilitate and offer technical guidance on areas of Internal Trade in meetings including preparation and presentation of reports for the meetings;
- Following up on implementation of Council Directives/Decisions and prepare progress and annual reports;
- Assisting in Resource Mobilization for operationalization of the EAC Trade Help Desk;
- Helping in the management of the Partner States trade portals and harmonizing them with the EAC Trade Help Desk/Portal.
- Work closely with the other ICT and Information-related departments in the Secretariat and Partner States to promote trade for the EAC.
- Undertake any other related official duties assigned by supervisors from time to time.
Qualifications for the Trade Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Law, Business Administration,
- International Trade, or related field.
- Masters’ Degree and a Specialized training in the field of trade data analysis will be an added advantage.
- Must have 5 years relevant experience in data collection, analysis and reporting, preparation of Trade reports.
Skills and Competencies:
Possession of quantitative analytical skills, proficiency in the use of Computers (Information Technology (IT) skills) and ability to provide clear and objective advice and recommendations; Strong communication skills, Knowledge of trade policy issues and regional integration; Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
The suitable candidate should have the following attributes: strategic thinking, achieves results, team player, exemplifies personal drive and integrity, and cultivates productive working relationships, communication with influence. The successful candidate shall hold office for a term of five (5) years nonrenewable.
Eligibility for applications:
Considering the current status of quota points per Partner State under East African Legislative Assembly, only Applicants from the Republic of Burundi, and Republic of South Sudan are eligible to apply for the Position of Deputy Registrar Finance & Administration under EALA .
Terms and Conditions of Service
The position of Deputy Clerk Finance and Administration is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.