G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specializes in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
In Africa, G4S is the largest private employer, with 110 000 employees in over 29 countries across the continent. G4S Kenya has a workforce of about 15,000 spread across all the major urban centres in the country.
At G4S Kenya, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organization.
As a result of continued growth and in order to position ourselves for sustainability of our number one position in the provision of Security Solutions, we wish to appoint:-
Reporting to the Managing Director – Kenya, the Operations Director will manage the provision of contractual and ad hoc security services to customers, in compliance with legislation, G4S policies and procedures, to ensure achievement of budgeted financial targets.
The incumbent is also responsible for monitoring the quality standards of Manned Security and Cash Solutions services, ensuring adherence to regional standards.
Successful G4S Job candidate will be responsible for:
- Strategic and functional operational leadership of the cash, manned security, secure journey business lines and Branch platform
- Profitable and ethical performance of the operations of the above
- Strategic allocation of resources both human and material for business performance
- Monitoring of key performance indicators
- Implementation of required standards, safety within operations and best practices
- Capability development within the operational sphere.
- Support to the sales and solution development process
Key Performance Areas:-
- Effective, targeted Business Growth
- Management of effective service delivery to customers
- Develop and Manage Operations Structure
- Delivery of risk mitigation and loss reduction initiatives
- People Management
Attributes for G4S Operations Director Job
- Capable of working effectively and productively with team members from diverse cultural environments.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapid environmental changes
- Demonstrable capability to develop people
- 7/10 years progressive operations experience in a large manpower intensive commercial enterprise
International experience within the risk and security environments
Desirable Sector experience
- Integrated Security Solutions and / or Cash Operations experience
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Superior presentation skills
- Excellent team leadership skills
- Ability to work in a multi-function matrix organization
- Excellent ability to work at both a strategic and tactical level
- Ability to manage through complex tasks and determine priorities
- Commercial acumen with good knowledge of P&L, balance sheet analysis and budgeting
Graduate degree level qualification in business/ financial or operational fields of study
An added advantage would be a financial qualification, and experience in similar industries
For full details on this job and to apply online, go to http://www.africajobs.g4s.com
G4S offers a competitive market related salary.
The closing date for receiving applications is 20th March 2015.
Any further enquiries may be addressed to:
G4S Kenya Limited
P. O. Box 30242 – 00100 GPO
G4S Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.
Those who attempt to canvass will be disqualified from the process.