IEBC Jobs County ICT Officer
Terms Of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
- The County ICT Officer will work within a particular County and perform the following duties:
- To provide first line support on all general and Commission specific software and hardware issues in the County;
- To communicate information on hardware and software issues to corporate ICT Services;
- Solve County ICT issues including remote access, emails and telephone;
- To assist in the selection and disposal of redundant ICT Equipment;
- To dismantle, move and reassemble ICT equipment as needed and transport ICT equipment to other sites as required;
- Provide onsite technical support with hardware and software issues where needed, including travelling to other commission sites in their County of responsibility;
- Provide ICT point of contact to all users and third parties for all County ICT matters, and escalate to ICT at the
- Headquarters issues that cannot be resolved locally;
- To ensure the maintenance of a healthy, safe and secure working environment through ensuring compliance with health and safety requirements in relation to ICT; and
- Implement information security at the County level as directed by the ICT directorate.
- The requirements for County ICT Officer are as follows:
- Degree in Computer Science, ICT or any other equivalent qualification;
- Full certification in Networks (e.g. CCNA, CCNor Microsoft Certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Professional);
- Basic hardware troubleshooting and maintenance strongly preferred;
- Three (3) years relevant experience in a busy organization;
- Must be a team player, service oriented, eager to learn and pro-active, willing to develop initiatives and stress resistant;
- Must hail from the County he/she is applying for as indicated in national identity card.
- Shortlisted applicants shall be required to avail clearances from the following institutions as they appear for interview;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI);
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (ODPP);
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Professional bodies (where applicablto which the applicant is a member e.g. LSK, ICPAK, AAK, IEK etc. and
- Credit Reference Bureau Africa Ltd or Metropol Credit Reference Bureau.
All shortlisted applicants may be subjected by the Commission to a security clearance by National Intelligence Service (NIS).
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are requested to submit their application on our job portal, https://www.iebc.or.ke/iebcjobs by 13th April, 2018
1. IEBC Jobs Constituency Administrative Assistant
Diploma in any field;
Minimum of C (plaiin KCSE or division II in KCE;
2. IEBC Jobs County ICT Officer
Degree in Computer Science, ICT or any other equivalent qualification;
Full certification in Networks (e.g. CCNA, CCNor Microsoft Certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Professional);
3. IEBC Jobs County Accountant
Bachelor’s degree in, Finance, Commerce or comparable discipline from a recognized institution.
Certified Public Accountant (CP(or its equivalent qualifications