University of Nairobi Scholarships 2020/2021 Apply Now
University of Nairobi is offering 137 masters scholarships for the 2020/2021 academic year. The applications are open only to applicants for the September 2020 intake.
General guidelines to applicants
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria among other specific criteria by their respective units.
1) Applicants should have completed and graduated with an undergraduate degree from the University of Nairobi in the academic year 2018/2019 (except for School of Medicine, School of Dental Sciences and School of Nursing Sciences which requires mandatory two (2) years practical experience before admission into master’s programme).
2) Possess a first class or second class upper division. The Scholarship is offered on merit (preference will be offered to the best students).
3) Must have been admitted for the September 2020 intake in the particular programme.
4) Duration and commencement: Scholarship is conditional and tenable for two (2) consecutive years (except for the School of Medicine and School of Dental Sciences which runs for four (4) years) and is not transferable within departments.
5) Scholarship must be taken at time of offer (no deferments and temporary withdrawal from studies while on scholarship).
6) Scholarships are for full time students only; the student has to take the maximum number of units per semester, and successful students must comply with the terms and conditions of the scholarship and complete their studies within the stipulated programme duration.
7) Equal opportunities: Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
8) Application Procedures and Deadline: Applications which should include an application letter addressed to the Dean/Director, letter of admission and certified copies of degree certificate , transcripts and a motivation letter must be sent to the respective Dean/Director.
Applicants should submit their application documents to their respective Deans/Directors by September 18th 2020.