Kenyatta University, is a multi-campus public university in Kenya. As of October 2014, it was one of twenty three public universities in the country
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldConsultancy
Responsibilities for the Career Advisor Job
- Provide career related information to prospective and continuing students, and Kenyatta University alumni.
Planning, organizing and preparing career-related activities such as workshops seminars fairs, lectures, job search skills training
Supervising internet search and database formulation for the careers resource unit
- Offering career counseling and guidance to students and alumni
- Management of career related information from departments and schools
- Recruitment for internship/employments’ careers/academic advisors for career activities
- Linking with organizations for employment/internship attachment and soliciting of funding for career development activities
- Organizing entrepreneurship training
Qualifications for the Counsellor Job
- Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- At least two (2) years post qualification experience as an assistant career advisor or counselor in a University
- Broad knowledge on local and international University academic and training programs, Administrative and
- Academic structures
- Computer Literate
- Proven knowledge and experience on individual and group career counseling
- Knowledge in dynamics in economic and labour market trends
- Knowledge of University administrative and academic structures
- Ability to prepare and implement training programme
- Knowledge of recruitment process to both private and public universities in Kenya.