With the accounting industry getting competitive by the day, missing out on an opportunity is bad news. If you have your CV ready and your accounting skills in check, here is a list of Accounting jobs you should be applying for:
1. Accounts Executive
Successful candidates will be responsible for the general financial / accounting programs and must have a CPA section 6 and an ability to maintain confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people and records.
Applicants must also have a minimum 6 months – 1 year experience in basic bookkeeping.
The salary scale is KShs 15,000 -20,000
Accounts Executive Kenyan Jobs
Vacancy: Accounts Executive
Reporting to: Head of Finance and administration
Other Relationships: Marketing, Credit, Customer Service, HR, Finance IT
Accounts Executive Job Profile
- The Accounts Executive – Is responsible for delivering measurable and cost-effective results that will ensure the organisation’s vision is realised.
- He/She is primarily responsible for the general financial / accounting programs.
- The successful individual will be responsible for all management accounts for the non deposit taking micro finance.
- Delivery of Operating profit and budgetary control on monthly, quarterly annual basis; by branch, customer segment product category.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs;
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements;
- Preparation of management accounts;
- Bank reconciliations and accounts reconciliations e.g. Debtors and creditors;
- Review of monthly VAT calculations and statutory deductions;
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing accounts information;
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential;
- Handles disputed accounts and negotiates to bring payment into line with terms of the company;
- Undertakes complex reconciliations, and compiles documentation for legal action where applicable;
- Obtains sufficient information to assess the creditworthiness of new and existing customers;
- Prepares the annual debtor days budget, with adjustments for proposed marketing campaigns; and
- Periodic reporting to the management, e.g. divisional cash collection forecasts and aged debt analyses.
Qualifications for Accounts Executive Kenyan Jobs
- CPA section 6
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people and records.
- Demonstrable People Management experience in a lending environment.
- High integrity and dependability.
- Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships in a multi-functional environment.
- Minimum 6 months – 1 year experience in basic book keeping.
- Strong presentation skills including excellent oral communication skills, passion to make yourself understood and engaging in a pleasant way.
- People Management skills a must.
Salary Scale: KShs 15,000 -20,000
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current and expected remuneration, quoting the job tittle in the subject field to [email protected]
Deadline of application is April 18th 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.